On May 28th of this year, two very important and incredible things will happen.
1. My oldest daughter will be married to her soul mate; and
2. The New England Native American Institute (NENAI) will dedicate a plaque and rock monument on the grounds of the Pegan Band of Nipmuc Indians’ last 26 acres in what is now Webster, Massachusetts.
For those of you who did not receive an invite to Erica’s nuptials, please do attend the all-day festivities in Webster. Some of the highlights include:
- A ceremony to dedicate the rock monument commemorating the original Pegan Nipmuc inhabitants of the land;
- The renaming of the area in the language of our indigenous Ancestors;
- Native drumming, flute music and dancing;
- A potluck meal at the nearby UCC Methodist Church; and
- A PowerPoint presentation chronicling the history of the 26 acres.
For more information or to volunteer to assist with this event, please call 508-886-6073.
You can view the official announcement here – NENAI_Celebration_